To do this, you will need to complete a “Stop Payment Form.” We must have this form signed and dated. There is a $30 fee per stop payment. The stop payment is good for 6 months.
To stop a recurring payment, such as your gym membership, insurance, phone bill, etc., you will need to close your debit card and order you a new one. To close your debit card, simply call us at 817-731-2756.
Another option is to contact the company that is charging your card and halt these charges on their end.
In order to remove a credit hold on your debit card, we must receive written documentation from the credit card vendor stating that payment requirements have been satisfied. At this point we can remove the hold they have placed on your account.
There are several different types of supplemental insurance coverage.
- AD&D insurance means Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance. This is supplemental insurance that offers guaranteed coverage to pay off your loan in the event of accidental, catastrophic injuries. When you carry this type of coverage, the pay out of coverage is made at no additional cost to you or your family.
- HAP insurance is Hospital Accident Plan, and is also a supplemental, guaranteed issue coverage designed to protect against the unexpected costs of a hospital stay due to a covered accident. It is designed to help fill the gaps left by other insurance plans and workplace compensation.
- RECUP insurance is Recuperative Care and adds sickness coverage to your plan to help pay for post-hospital care and related expenses after a hospital stay due to covered injury or illness.Once you sign up for any of these insurance options, if you wish to cancel, you will need to call each of the companies directly. Their phone numbers are as follows:
- AD&D – 877-309-6576
- HAP – 877-517-0555
- RECUP – 877-629-6037
There are multiple ways for you to update your personal information.
Login in to your online banking. Hover over the settings symbol (it looks like a gear) and select personal information. Update the necessary information and select OK. Click below to get started:
Email, Mail or Fax.
You can update your information by writing us via email, traditional mail, or by sending us a fax with the changes you want made. Please sign and date the document and send to a representative at Texas People, and we will make the changes for you.
You can update your information when you visit us at our branch location. Just inform a representative that you would like to change your address and they will provide you with the necessary form to make the change.
Both you and your joint owner need to be present at our branch. You both will need to sign a new application agreement in order to add the joint owner.
Both you and your joint owner need to be present at our branch. You will both need to sign a joint removal form and you (primary owner) will need to complete a new application agreement.
You will need to come in to sign a new application agreement with a representative. You can contact us prior to your arrival at 817-731-2756, and we can have the paperwork prepared for you when you arrive.
You will need your:
- Driver’s License (ID)
- Social Security Card
- Minimum account opening funds:
- $20 cash for a Savings account.
- $100 cash for checking. See Accounts Options for more details.
If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact us immediately at 817-731-2756. This will prevent more fraudulent transactions from processing.
After you contact us, here are the next steps we will take together:
- We will provide you with a fraud affidavit form that you will need to complete and send back to us.
- Depending on the amount that was spent, we may request you to file out a police report.
- We will process the fraud affidavit and dispute the transactions. If they are deemed fraudulent, we will refund those transactions.
NOTE: If your debit or credit card is lost or stolen, notify us within 2 business days and you will limit your losses to $50 if someone uses your card and/or code without your permission. If you do NOT notify us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money that you lost after 60 days if it is apparent that the theft could have been avoided had we been apprised of the situation in time.
Texas People cannot change your payroll deduction. You will need to go through your employer’s human resources department or through your employer’s website.
Please speak with one of our account services representative. Call us at 817-731-2756.
If you plan to use your Texas People Debit Card while traveling, we recommended that you give us notice of your travel plans, so we don’t flag your transactions as suspicious activity. We will need to know your travel dates and destinations, as well as updated contact information. If a transaction is stopped for fraud, the card will be temporarily blocked.
To update us on your travel plans, or if you have any questions, please call us at 817-731-2756.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR DEBIT CARD WILL NOT WORK IN MEXICO
We evaluate members’s ability to secure a loan based on the following variables:
- Your credit score
- Your credit history
- Debt to income ratio
- Your relationship with the credit union
- The type of loan you are requesting
- Equity position of asset
- Stability (Job and Residency)
- Fill out a loan application at our branch.
- Bring proof of income which could be either:
- Last 3 pay stubs
- Last 3 years of tax returns for business owners
- Provide at least 4 personal references
When you apply for a loan or account at Texas People FCU, and we pull your credit score. We pull credit information exclusively from Experian.