The application period will begin January 1st and run through February 21st. Scholarship awards will be presented each year at the credit union’s Annual Meeting. The program is aimed at presenting three (3) $1,000 scholarships to qualified applicants.
Scholarships will be awarded as a one-time disbursement (non-renewable, non-transferable) to each recipient. Funds will be paid by the Texas People Federal Credit Union Scholarship Fund to the school of the recipient’s choice upon evidence of full-time enrollment. Recipient must be planning to attend an accredited 4-year college or university, 2-year college or trade or vocational school. Scholarship funds may be used for books, tuition and miscellaneous school expenses.
A scholarship committee comprised of the Texas People Federal Credit Union Board Members will determine final selections. All decisions will be final. Selection criteria include applicants’ academic achievements, demonstration of school leadership and participation, community service, one letter of recommendation and an essay from the student (see Scholarship Requirements).
Scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school student planning on attending an accredited 4-year college or university, 2-year college, trade or vocational school, or a returning full-time student to an accredited 4-year college or university, 2-year college, trade or vocational school.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of Texas People Federal Credit Union with a minimum of 60 calendar days of credit union membership.
- Applicant must maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Transcripts through fall of the current academic year will be required with your application.
- Please submit one original of your most recent transcript along with your scholarship application (refer to application instructions).
- Applicant will be asked to provide their ACT & SAT score.
- Applicant will be judged based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Involvement
- One letter of recommendation from the following:
- Teacher, administrator, sponsor, coach, counselor, mentor or employer
- An Essay. Write an essay on: How a Credit Union can help you with your financial well-being. (500 words or less).
*If selected as a finalist, the applicant may be required to participate in a personal interview.
All applications must be submitted (or postmarked) no later than 5:00 p.m., February 21st.
Applications should be mailed to 4613 Wellesley Ave, Fort Worth, Tx 76107.
**Texas People FCU employees and officials are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program. However, eligible family members of credit union employees and officials ARE eligible to apply.