Need Money for College?
Continuing your education is more important than ever, and so is making smart financial decisions when it comes to paying for that education, which is why we offer the Texas Extra Credit Education Loan, a private student loan developed specifically to help Texas residents pay for college when scholarships, grants and federal aid just aren’t enough to cover the full cost of attendance.
We highly recommend students apply for and utilize all federal student aid programs through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov prior to applying for any private student loan.
Learn more about Texas Extra Credit’s program features, valuable borrower benefits, and repayment options below.
- Complete your loan application online in as little as 15 minutes– initial credit decisions are typically made within minutes1
- Competitive fixed rates as low as 2.79% APR (with Auto Pay Discount5) to 7.60% APR2
- Borrow from $1,000 to $65,000 annually. Loans can even be used for past due balances3(loans are certified by the school and may not exceed full cost of education minus other financial aid)
- Maximum aggregate loan limit is $150,000, inclusive of all student loan debt
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) not required
- No application or origination fees
- 25% interest rate reduction just for graduating4
- 25% interest rate reduction for auto-debit payments5
- Cosigner release after the first 24 consecutive on-time monthly loan payments6
- Death Forgiveness7
- Total & Permanent Disability Forgiveness8
- Choose between three repayment options: Immediate, Interest-Only or Fully Deferred Repayment
- Choice of 5, 10 or 15-year repayment terms